LEMON GRASS FLAVOURED HALAL CHICKEN
- 5 150g packs of Réghalal diced roast chicken
- 6 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons of turmeric or curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 6 tablespoons + 4.5 teaspoons of sugar
- 10 tablespoons of water
- 9 tablespoons of oil
- 6 sticks of fresh lemon grass (soft white part), sliced
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 8 small red chilli peppers, de-seeded and sliced
- chives for the decoration
In a bowl, mix the chicken, the fish sauce, the garlic and the curry powder. Add the salt and 4.5 teaspoons of sugar. Mix well and leave to marinate in the refrigerator.
In a pan, add 6 tablespoons of water and the remaining sugar.
Heat to a maximum. Once the sugar has dissolved, cook until a golden caramel is formed.
Take off the heat and add 4 tablespoons of water.
To finish, heat the oil in a wok. Once hot, add the lemon grass, the shallot, the chillies and leave to brown. Add the chicken and the caramel and stir until the chicken is hot. You should have quite a thick sauce.