HALAL DUCK DRUMSTICKS AND RICE SALAD
- 12 Réghalal duck drumsticks
- 300 g long grain rice
- 1 cucumber, 2 strands of saffron
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 4 tablespoons of mild curry paste for the sauce
- 1 tomato, one white onion, 1 clove of garlic
- 1 stem of fresh root ginger, 1/2 a bunch of chervil, 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Cook the rice in salted boiling water with the strands of saffron. Then prepare the sauce: Crush the tomato after having blanched, peeled and de-seeded it. Place it in a bowl with the peeled and grated ginger and the finely chopped onion and garlic. Add 6 tablespoons of boiling water, oil, lemon, chopped chervil, salt and pepper, and mix together.
Drain the rice and immediately mix it with the curry powder and the sauce and then leave to cool. Cover the duck drumsticks with the curry paste, then cook in the oven for 25 minutes at 180°C. Then leave to cool. Peel the cucumber, cut it into sticks and add it to the rice salad.
Serve with the drumsticks on the rice salad.